The study aims to provide a quantitative analysis of the various effects of the different insecticides out in the rnarket today. Natural or biological and synthetic insecticides are said to affect not only insects and pests but higher forms of life as well.
Extracts of botanical insecticides were made from common household and garden plants. Samples of the synthetic insecticides were also obtained. Trapping wrigglers (mosquito larvae) ugh*. fine mosquito net was done to Collect and culture mosquitoes. Mice were purchased Insecticides were then tested on the samples by spraying insecticides on them.
It was found that there is indeed a big difference between botanical and synthetic insecticides. Synthetic insecticides killed all the mosquitoes and mice exposed to it while natural insecticides did not kill all the mosquitoes and affected only a few mice. Read More>
The study shows that there is a difference between the effects of different insecticides on insects and higher life-forms.
- What’s in your “natural” pest control? (Video) (examiner.com)
- Tracking Insecticide Use, Presented by Dr. Bill Robinson, B&G Equipment (bugoffpest.wordpress.com)
- Stumped by bed nets, mosquitoes turn midnight snack into breakfast (blogs.scientificamerican.com)
- Impact of environment on mosquito response to pyrethroid insecticides: facts, evidences and prospects (themicrobialgreenhouse.com)
- Letters: Britain needs to think more about the birds and the bees (guardian.co.uk)
- MGK Acquires Key Assets from Dunhill Chemical, Botanical Insecticide Manufacturer (sys-con.com)
- Science under pressure as pesticide makers face MPs over bee threat (guardian.co.uk)
- Incorporating Organophosphate Alternative Insecticides into Codling Moth (Cydia pomonella) Management Programs in Washington Apple Orchards (mikedoerr.wordpress.com)
- Itching Dogs – Allergy Cats – Pruritus Cause (petcarerx.com)